Starting early for today's visits for research labs, my baseline bone marrow aspirate, and meeting with the trial NP to acquire my medications for the next 28 days.
Right when I had switched back to long term thinking, I need to return to more of a day by day outlook. What is healing anyway? An acceptance that you've been through the thing and made it, and now you could go through the thing again, and in theory, you'll make it again?
I'm more afraid of leaving my parents without a child than I am to lose my life. But being prepared to lose gives me a special edge on wanting to win. It's the drive that keeps me pushing to pursue the latest and greatest to try to prevent the future risk of recurrence in early breast cancer. For me, and for those after me.
No comments:
Post a Comment