For my October visit to Philly, I will essentially be doing a touch and go. I will fly in one afternoon, have my appointment and get my next 28 doses of Verzenio the next day, and then fly out the next morning. I'm thankful for Alaska Airlines and Atmos Rewards as their rewards program have pulled us through some of these flights so far.
I wanted to share the many resources offered to me as someone who is being treated for cancer in hopes that it may help you or someone you know, if you happen to be in this less than ideal situation:
https://angelflightwest.org/ - Serving Alaska, Hawaii, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, California, Nevada, and Oregon.
https://angelflighteast.org/ - All other states
https://www.footprintsflights.org/
https://www.cancer.org/support-programs-and-services/patient-lodging.html - Hope Lodges in various areas and a discount with Extended Stay America
https://www.headstrong.org/ - Another place available in Philadelphia
https://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/nbcf-programs/hope-kit/ - Free to send to someone you know with cancer - Includes various items such as Fuzzy socks, Tumbler, Tea, Clean beauty product, Unscented lotion, Lip balm, Hard candy, HOPE journal & pen, Inspirational bracelet, Educational resources, Encouragement card. THE GIFT OF HOPE
If you're cross country like me, Angel Flight West and Angel Flight East cannot combine to get you there. I tried. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment