Wednesday, September 23, 2026

The stars have aligned

  The stars have aligned. They’re a bit janky, but I’ll take it. 



 I was able to find another resource for lodging and this one is nationwide. Extended Stay America is partnered with the American Cancer Society to provide free or discounted rooms to those traveling more than 40 miles away from home for cancer treatment. And. They. Accept. Pets. 
 
 Enter the newest additions to the Miller household. My goal is for them to travel with me providing much needed doggo support while I travel monthly. 


Meet Stella (left) and Gus (right)



 They are in addition to our already amazing, Cooper Duper! They’re seriously stealing my heart. 

Realizing I never gave him a debut, here you go. 



🌈🌉 IYKYK




Handsome fella. He is 1 year 3 months. Our main man. 

 Ok squirrel. Verzenio has been doing a number on my attention span. Back to my janky stars. 


 Here’s another link for the American Cancer Society resources. Apparently there’s an app. Onto that next, if I remember. 

 I haven’t been posting about the series of unfortunate events that I have been enduring. But that’s part of why I feel some janky stars have aligned. 

 I have been one of 9 Community Health Systems (CHS) employees to experience a “glitch” where my benefits have not been deducted from my paychecks since 6/28/26 pay period. Add that up. CHS employs approximately 90,000 employees. That means I’m the lucky 0.01%. I’ve been spending much of my time on the phone between this, a reimbursement TRICARE issue, and ongoing VA claims. Now I’m not saying all of this for boo-hoo pity party, I’m saying at all because of people ask me how I have to work so hard even while I’m having not the best go of life. I don’t know. Let’s just call it Stephanie’s Series of Unfortunate Events. 

 Anyway, those stars. ⭐⭒🌟
 I received a call from the only person who apparently knows what’s going on but does not have access to the ticket system we use to report a payroll issue. 
Summary:
  • I will not lose my benefits. 
  • I do not have to pay the thousands of dollars post-tax on an invoice from a direct pay request just because my benefits haven’t been coming out of my paycheck. The total will be “suppressed”. 
  • I will have to pay back benefits pre-tax on my future paychecks. 
 I didn’t get to call TRICARE today which is probably good. I’ll stop while I’m ahead. I haven’t been ahead in a while. 






I’ll leave you with my beautiful, sparkly, janky stars




No comments:

Post a Comment